There seems to be some confusion with the match play qualifier. The Jim Dawson Match Play will be held next week on June 25-26 and there are three ways to enter the event.
- Most players should have used this entry method, but it seemed to confuse some. If you are playing at Manakiki on June 18th (today), then you should have also entered the June 18th Qualifier – Jim Dawson Match Play. This way your score at Manakiki becomes your qualifying score for seeding you into the match play bracket. If you still want your Manakiki score to count as your qualifying score, we are allowing late entries up until Midnight on June 18th (today). This will ensure you a proper seed in the bracket.
- The second method is for Exempt players only. A list of exempt players can be found on the Jim Dawson Match Play info page. If you are exempt then you can enter directly into the event. To enter straight into the event you’ll be ask to enter a code, the purpose of the code is to make sure you have read the tournament details and understand your exemption and the deadline to accept. The code is ‘jimdawson” for those exempt players.
- The third method will become available after the qualifier. Once the qualifier is complete and exemptions are accepted, any remaining spots in the bracket can be taken by new entries. We will begin accepting new entries starting June 19th and those entries will need to register straight into the Jim Dawson Match Play event and you’ll need to use the code “jimdawson” to register. Seeds will be assigned according to first come first serve (not your Manakiki score).
Tour News – Where and When!
FYI, when we post to our Tour News feed, that posting goes out in many forms to our followers, players and parents. Here’s all the places you will find our postings:
- Email to all Tour News followers (immediate)
- Standard Email List to all players and parents (daily blast)
- Home page Tour News feed (immediate)
- Tour Info – News feed (immediate)
- Facebook Page (immediate)
- Twitter (immediate)