The North Coast Junior Tour has been the premiere junior golf tour in Northeast Ohio since 1992, hosting over 550 events to over 5,000 junior golfers. In 2020, the tour will launch a brand new Mini Tour Division for junior golfers 12 and under. The Mini Tour Division will play 9 hole competitions and tee times will start immediately after our 18 hole divisions. This will be great timing because after play the Mini Tour players will get to experience the full excitement of the North Coast Junior Tour, as the older players gather at scoring and bond over their meals. NCJT juniors our known to develop into true tournament players while on tour, which is a major focus of NCJT’s foundation. The “Spirit of the Game” will be on full display at every event and the Mini Tour players, and their caddies will be a big part of it. Yes, we will allow caddies on the Mini Tour and both will be groomed to be real tournament players and real tournament caddies while on tour.
Here are some of the basic event details:
- Cost per tournament is $53 (includes, golf, food and awards)
- Girls and Boys play in one division (Girls may play from different tees)
- All players play from forward tees with the goal being 2,500 yards
- Caddies and coaching will be permitted
- Live Hole-by-Hole scoring will be online for all to see, just like our big tour
- All other details can be found in our Tour Manual
Mini Tour Eligibility
The mini tour is designed for junior golfers that have developed a liking for golf and have played a minimum of 10 rounds of casual golf. This is not for juniors that have never picked up a club before. This is an avenue for inspired juniors to start building tournament player skills at an early age and we want to set a clear baseline of who the Mini Tour is likely to attract. If your junior golfer is playing and loving golf, then this will be a perfect fit for them.
The North Coast Mini Tour will host 5 events in 2020 and here’s the schedule:
- Tuesday, June 2 – Lost Nation (Tee Times start at 11:30 am)
- Wednesday, June 10 – Punderson (Tee Times start at 9:30 am)
- Thursday, June 18 – Pine Ridge (Tee Times start at 9:30 am)
- Thursday, July 16 – Black Brook (Tee Times start at 9:30 am)
- Wednesday, July 22 – Chardon Lakes (Tee Times start at 9:30 am)
To register for the Mini Tour, go HERE to learn how to setup accounts and register for Mini Tour Membership & events.
Best of Luck and we’ll see you on Tour!