We have made some tournament policy changes to improve overall player rankings at both the Junior Golf Scoreboard and the AJGA. These changes are being made to improve NCJT tour members chances of being recruited to play College Golf.
The Junior Golf Scoreboard (JGS) maintains the junior rankings for players worldwide and we post all of our Osborne Junior Series (OJS) events to their service, which allows our NCJT tour members to be included in the junior world rankings without having to travel and pay much higher entry fees to earn status. Players are required to have 4 events per year to be included in the rankings. To learn more about JGS Rankings Click Here.
Junior Golf Association (AJGA) provides Performance Stars to tournaments like our OJS events. Those stars can be used to improve a players eligibility to play in an AJGA event with an elite field of national level junior players. If you review our College Golf tab it mentions that a few of these types of events can be helpful to a players quest to play college golf. Trying to play nationally of a regular basis may not be the best play for most who are looking to improve their college golf chances. If you are capable of winning or finishing in the top 5 in national level competitions it can be hugely helpful, but finishes outside the top 10 are not going to be as valuable as winning at a regional level (similar to a NCJT event). See of our College Golf section for more details on this and much more.
Earn an AJGA Star at OJS#3 MillGlen this week in the Girls Overall division. The Sand Ridge Junior Invitational is the next possible Star competition for Boys. Our Classic Cup winner for Boys 16-19 and Grils 16-19 will also win 2 Stars for each. Play more to win more!
Here’s a summary of the NCJT Tournament Policy changes:
- All Boys 14 and up will play the same tee markers at all events. Minimum course length of 6,400 yards when possible.
- All Boys 14 and up will be combined into one division for reporting purposes to the JGS and AJGA.
- Boys 16-19 and Boys 14-15 age divisions will still be used for NCJT Classic Cup Points and NCJT awards. The Overall Boys division will only be used for reporting to JGS and AJGA.
- Boys 13 and under will not be part of the Overall Boys and will continue to play from a forward set of tee markers. Course length – 5,500 to 6,000 yards
- An Overall Girls division will be used for all OJS events. Minimum course length of 5,500 yards.
- Girls 16-19 and Girls 15&U age divisions will still be used for NCJT Classic Cup Points and NCJT awards. The Overall Girls division will only be used for reporting to JGS and AJGA.
- If any age division, for a single day event, does not have a minimum field of 5 then it will be combined with another age division.
- OJS event require a minimum field size of 5 players. Anytime the minimum is not met the OJS event for that age division will be cancelled and credits issued to the participant
Good luck and we’ll see you on Tour!