New for 2012
The new Osborne Series will allow North Coast Junior Tour members to play 36-hole events and earn Junior Golf Scoreboard (“JGS”) points. JGS is a highly regarded ranking service that has become the standard for junior golfers around the world. Building a status within the world rankings is essential to gaining entry into invitationals and AJGA events. The new Osborne Series will also post its results with the Golfweek/Titleist ranking service.
UNDERSTANDING THE RANKINGS
To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria.
- Have competed in four multi-day stroke play tournaments within the last 365 days for which we have received the results and they are listed by the same name and hometown.
- Have their high school graduation year in their tournament record. Missing yours? Read next paragraph.
- Still be in high school or prior to August 1st after graduation.
- Have competed in an age group that:
- a. completes at least 36 holes,
- b. has a minimum of 5 competitors that complete all scheduled rounds,
- c. has played from a minimum of 4,500 yards and not shorter than the forward most USGA rated tees, and
- d. there is no stroke limit rule in place.
Here’s how it works for us:
We will combine our Tuesday and Thursday tournaments each week into an event. Their are 7 weeks or 7 series event on the regular tour schedule, plus the Tour Championship (which also qualifies as a ranked event). That makes 8 events to build your status in the junior golf world…all right here in Northeast Ohio.